Welcome to the Scouts on Stamps Society International Salute to Jamboree Mondial. The World Scout Jamboree will be a gathering of Scouts from around the world for 12 days from 27 July to 7 August 2011.
The theme of the 22st World Scout Jamboree in 2011 is “Simply Scouting” – which will capture the traditions of Scouting: Meetings, Nature, Solidarity.
40,000 young people will camp, live and work alongside each other. They will come from a variety of different cultures, backgrounds, and religions. Together they will celebrate what unites them, and learn what they can do together to help build a better world.
Where there are travelers, there is bound to be lots of mail! Our Salute shows some philatelic examples from WJ of the past as our contribution to Join-in-the-Jamboree. Enjoy the show!
- WJ Web Sites Join-in-the-Jamboree
- 20th WJ Stamps From around the World!
- J A M B O R E E ! WJ postal history overview
- Now Is The Time Get ready to collect your souvenirs
- World Jamboree Home Folks Newsletter 1920
- Jamboree Cachets More than a letter home
- Jamboree Cachets #2 More letters home
- 19th WJ Stamps From around the World!
- Jamboree Postage Stamps Host Nation Issues Over the Years
- Jamboree Seals Sticker Fun
- Post Cards Issued for World Jamborees
- QSL and the Jamborees Radio Scouting mail
- World Jamboree Meter Stamps
- WJ Attendance How many went?
- JAM DES NEIGES First World Winter Jamboree 2000
This site is possible through the many contributions of SOSSI Members and Scouters worldwide:
John B. Adams, U.S.A., Tony Manson, Canada; Larry Heverley, U.S.A.; Dominique Limbos, U.S.A.; Alvin Cho, Taiwan; Berthold Sinaulan, Indonesia; Alvin Cho, Taiwan; Hallvard Slettebø; Norway, Douglas J. Uzakewicz, U.S.A., Keith Larson, U.S.A.