On August 1st, 1963, Greece issued a five-value set in honor of the opening of the 11th International Boy Scout Jamboree at Marathon.Values and designs are:
- 1 drachma: "Athens at Dawn," a water color by Lord Baden Powell. The painting executed in 1872 depicts the Acropolis and surrounding area.
- 1,5 drachma: A Greek shield of the ancient Boeotian type, with a badge of world Scouting in the center. It symbolizes the protection of youth from the powers of evil.
- 2,5 drachma: This is a profile of Crown Prince Constantine, Chief Scout of Greece.
- 3 drachma: Portraits of Lord Baden-Powell of Gilwell and Athanassios Lefkadites, Greek gymnastics teacher, who introduced Scouting in Greece in 1910.
- 4 drachma: A Scout is bugling with a conch-shell, from a photograph taken at Marathon on the first hoisting of the Scout flag during the setting up of a trail camp for the Jamboree in 1962.
SOSSI JOURNAL, Volume 12, Number 9, September 1963