Russian Boy Scouting was founded in 1909, and Girl Scouting in 1914. It remained active among overseas exile groups following the Russian Revolution in 1917. After World War II, many Russian Scouts were located in refugee camps in West Germany. A camp post was set up under direction of R. Polchaninoff.
The most active unit of the Russian Scouts-in-exile is in New York. Other units are located in Chicago and Los Angeles. The National Organization of Russian Scouts (N.O.R.S.) has been a principle agent in helping to restore the Scouting movement in Russia since the fall of the USSR.
The following is a list of camp post stamps issued by Russian Boy Scouts.
1946 - Monchehof Displaced Persons Camp, West Germany. were used by all inhabitants of camps under the direction of UNRRA Team 505. were the only Russian Scout stamps used in Monchehof for postal service.
|12pf||Bogan Chmielnicki||green, watermark UL to LR||imperf||6128|
|12pf||Bogan Chmielnicki||green, watermark UR to LL||imperf||?|
1949 - Used for delivery postal service to home as there was no regular mail service.
1950 - Feldmoching, West Germany. Used for postal service for Boy Scouts as postal service was then being organized.
|none||Tent by forest||black||imperf||500|
|5/18||Peter the Great||carmine/|
|18pf||Peter the Great||carmine||perf|
violet ovpt 8.7.1950
|5/18||Peter the Great||carmine||perf||660|
|20/48pf||Pushkin||carmine black ovpt 7 November||perf||600|
|50/5/18pf||Peter the Great||carmine||imperf||600|
|80/48pf||Pushkin||green violet ovpt||imperf||600|
|48pf||Pushkin||carmine black ovpt VII Jamboree||perf||600|
|5/18pf||Peter the Great||carmine chalky paper||perf|
|18pf||Peter the Great||carmine chalky paper||perf|
|24pf||Suvorov||blue chalky paper||imperf||120|
|48pf||Pushkin||green chalky paper||perf|
After emigration, Russian Boy Scouts also issued stamps in New York beginning in 1952 only on Easter and Christmas Holy days.
SOSSI Journal, Volume 14, Number 3, March 1964