Start Page || Wolf Advancement || Bear Advancement
Academic Belt Loop & Pin
B.S.A. offers to Bear Scouts an Arrow Point elective for stamp collecting. The Bear program is for boys who have completed Second Grade or are 9 years old.
After a Bear Cub Scout earns his Bear Badge he may begin working on earning Arrow Points in the Electives section of his book. He may work on his "Arrow Point Trail" at any time, however he cannot receive Arrow Points until after he has earned the Bear Badge. These electives are primarily done at home and signed off by an adult family member "Akela" after the boy has completed each one. The book is then shown to the Den Leader who records the progress and also signs the boy's book. Elective requirements can be freely mixed to count toward earning Arrow Points.
- Start a stamp collection. You can get information about stamp collecting at any U.S. Post Office.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Scout stamps
- Keep it Simple - The Only Way to Collect Scout Stamps
- Scout Stamp Albums and Suggestions
- Scout Postcards
- Promoting the Image of Scouting Through Stamp Exhibition
- 50 Years of Scouts on United States Stamps
- United States Scout Stamp Philatelic Products
The Wolf Cub Scout Book (BSA #33106, 1998.)
The Big Bear Cub Scout Book (BSA #33228, 1998.)
Cub Scout Leader Book (BSA #33220, 2001.)
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide (BSA #34299, 2002.)